We have openings for two Customer Service Associates – Part Time
If you enjoy caring for plants or like to give gardening advice to those who ask, then you will enjoy working at Evergreen Nursery, the Bay’s Friendly Garden Experts. Working at Evergreen offers many opportunities for those who enjoy selling, working with customers, care of nursery stock and creating a welcoming, warm community atmosphere.
Evergreen focuses on the sale of plants and horticultural products to the public, and especially houseplants and drought tolerant varieties. Many of our customers look to Evergreen for tips on how to nurture their plants, as well as product suggestions.
Accountable to the General Manager and the Interior Store Manager. Some heavy lifting required – up to 35lbs. Weekend work preferred.
Greet visitors and customers
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service
- Sell plants and garden center products to the general public
- Help to create, stock and merchandise displays; help keep Evergreen Nursery at the top level of presentation at all times
- Assist with maintenance of the nursery, including watering, cleaning, signage and other duties as assigned
- Use electronic point of sale system to check-out customers
- Receive and move goods physically: some moderately heavy lifting required
- Re-stock as necessary
- Excellent Communications skills
- Friendly disposition; enjoys working with people
- Speak/write Spanish a plus
- Interest in gardening and garden plants
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Ability to sell
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience;
- Proficient in use of PC
- Capable of learning new technology and software applications, as needed by Evergreen Nursery business
- Desire to significantly expand horticultural knowledge and selling skills
Please apply with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org