Choose from our Beautiful Selections…
Amaryllis are winter-blooming bulbs that are commonly grown around the holidays. They will brighten your home during the winter months, sending up tall stalks 2 feet high of large, bright and cheerful blooms.
We have four beautiful varieties from Van Bloem Gardens in stock: ‘Red Lion’, ‘Apple Blossom’, ‘Minerva’ and ‘Mont Blanc’. You’ll be sure to find one to suit your tastes.
These bulbs are so easy to grow, anyone can do it!
- Select a high quality potting soil such as GreenAll’s Organic Potting Soil.
- Choose a pot at least 6-8″ in size – it should be heavy so it won’t tip over with the weight of the flower!
- Plant each bulb so that the top 1/3 of the bulb is not covered with soil.
- Water sparingly until the foliage growth is at least 2″, then water regularly.
- Place planted bulb in bright and indirect light.
- Turn the pot periodically so that the flower stalks will grow straight.
- Plants will bloom in 8-12 weeks. Check your bulb package for timing for the variety you choose.
- Stake the flower if the blooms are too heavy.