As our drought continues, we have some quick and easy tips for keeping your garden beautiful without wasting water:
- Keep it clean without water: Use a blower or broom to keep driveways and sidewalks clean and clear.
- Stop those leaks: Check your hose at every connection to make sure everything is screwed in tightly and not wasting precious water.
- Water before 10 am: Reduce evaporation and prevent leaf burn by watering early in the morning. The earlier, the better!
- Keep it to the Roots: Whether you are hand-watering or using irrigation, try to keep water levels low to the ground so water hits the soil and roots and not much else.
- Water Twice a Week: We recommend watering no more than twice a week for lawns and established plants. The key is to water deeply each time.
For more information and tips on Drought-tolerant and Water-wise Gardening, please click here.